Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #21
In this episode we are looking into the different WP Niches and exploring the endless possibilities of how you can make more with WordPress.
Before we get into the WordPress Plugins niche let’s quickly review what we consider to be the primary niches within WP:
- WordPress Websites (Building Websites & Hosting Websites)
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Themes
- Education and Training
Intro and Outro by Benjamin Bradley.
- What is the WordPress Plugin Niche? (Arelthia – 01:17) (Kerry – 2:25)
- What does the WP Plugin niche look like as a service for your clients? (Arelthia – 02:40) (Kerry – 3:46)
- How can you make more with WordPress by providing plugins in the WP Repository? (Arelthia – 04:06, 5:27, 7:12) (Kerry – 5:12, 6:58)
- What kind of work am I creating for myself by creating premium Plugins? (Arelthia – 10:02, 12:42) (Kerry – 12:17, 12:20)
- What do I need to know or do next to get started in the WordPress Plugin niche? (Arelthia – 15:55)
Are Your Plugins in the WP Repository?
Having your plugin in the WordPress repository provides exposure to everyone that visits the repository, especially those that views or uses your plugin. This increases your authority and provides a larger audience for your services – not just your plugins.
Two types of people that you will attract through the repository
- Those that are there just because they are looking for support that they expect for free. They find you everywhere.
- Those that dig deeper and find the person behind the plugin and read your information you have out there, sign up for your list and often will come back to you for additional services.
The WordPress repository can be the ideal venue to catapult interest in additional add on or premium plugins you can offer as supplementary products or services..
Plugin Niche Personal Commitments
- Functionality Improvements
- Patience (relating to other people’s plugins and themes)
- Continual Testing
Now it’s your turn…
- What is the most appealing aspect about WordPress Plugins as a WordPress niche?
- If you are already working in the WP Plugin niche, what additional advice can you offer?
- What questions do you have about offering WP Plugins as a service?