Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #20
We are continuing our series on WordPress Niches. During this series, we are exploring different ways you can make more with WordPress within 5 primary Niches – Websites, Plugins, Themes, Marketing, and Education and Training.
Today, we’ll be covering Part 2 of Websites – Hosting Websites.
Intro and Outro by Benjamin Bradley.
- What does the hosting websites niche as a service look like? (Kerry – 1:04, 3:38) (Arelthia – 1:40, 5:00)
- Why should I choose the Hosting Websites niche to make more with WordPress? (Kerry – 7:04, 9:10) (Arelthia – 8:12)
- How does website security play a role in the hosting websites niche? (Arelthia – 10:35, 12:55, 13:59, 15:50) (Kerry – 11:37, 13:26, 14:48)
- What are the tools you need to offer Website Hosting? (Kerry – 16:37, 18:35, 20:11) (Arelthia – 18:22, 19:44, 20:30)
- What do I need to do next to start Hosting Websites? (Arelthia – 21:30, 22:26) (Kerry – 22:13)
Best Types of Hosting for Hosting Websites
Best Types of Hosting (managed) when considering hosting as a service.
- Reseller – Resources shared across everyone on the server
- WHM and different cPanels (Shared)
- Discount for your hosting based on each additional account added
- Less expensive however may easily outgrow.
- Dedicated – Resources of the entire “box”
- Like a house – stand alone
- Can put as many people in the house as you want
- Complete control
- VPS –
- VPS – Set amount of resources for each unit
- Like a condo – one of many similar units in the building
- Can put as many people in the condo as you want (confined to the space of the unit)
The Benefits to Hosting Websites
- recurring income
- keeps your clients close (the Disney theory)
- increases your value to your clients
- Update WordPress
- Update Themes
- Update Plugins
- Monitor Website changes
- Backup Storage
- Recovery and Restorations
Tools for Hosting Websites
- Monitoring Systems
- Security Settings
- Backup Buddy
- even hosting companies
Research, Research, Research!
Research the recommended hosting options and decide which one is best for you.
Research to determine which security monitoring system you want to use.
Research security plugins with the options that you can easily incorporate into your services as features.
Implement some of the 2D processes from previous podcast episodes to develop your service.
Most importantly, establish a solid foundation. Plan for your website hosting apocalypse with a reliable restoration process.
Now it’s your turn…
- What is the most appealing aspect about having “hosting websites” as a WordPress niche?
- If you are already hosting clients, what additional advice can you offer?
- What questions do you have about offer hosting as a service?