Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #32
Our discussion about the website Homepage includes the importance and purpose of your website’s Homepage and the crucial components that every Homepage needs.
And finally, we’ll provide our recommendation for Homepage changes consisting of a routine review and update interval duration for your website.
Introduction by Benjamin Bradley.
- What is the importance and primary purpose of a Homepage? (Kerry – 00:50)
- What goes on your Homepage? (Kerry – 01:58) (Arelthia – 02:37)
- When should you change your Homepage? (Arelthia – 04:50) (Kerry – 05:29)
Homepage Importance and Purpose
There are many reasons why a Homepage is important for your website. First, because the Homepage is the primary page of any domain, it is typically the most visited page of your website.
Secondly, a Homepage is important because it must server everyone who lands on your website regardless of where people are coming from.
A well-designed Homepage will attract traffic and educate your visitors. Ultimately, a Homepage’s purpose is to convert visitors into taking action and making a purchase – turning your readers into buyers.
The Crucial Components
These 8 components should be repurposed throughout your website to reinforce a consistent message that begins on your Homepage.
- Clear and simple headline
- Description of what you do or what you are offering
- Benefits – why what you do matters to others
- Testimonials – proof of trustworthiness
- Awards and Recognition – a good first impression
- Clear navigation – a clear path for your visitors
- Image / Video representation
- Links to additional resources – help your readers learn more
Additionally, it is recommended that Homepages include:
- A clear call to action – give your readers something to do (the fewer the better in many cases).
- Features – what you provide
- Lead generation content offer – to learn who is interested.
Homepage Changes and Updates
You may use analytical data and heat maps to analyze and track how visitors are using your Hompage. If you find that the Homepage is not converting, then it is time to try something new.
Another time to consider changing your Homepage is if you experience a change in positioning or a change in your target market.
Lastly, we recommend that you review your Homepage annually at a minimum. Review for currency and accuracy, and update as needed.
Due to the high visibility of the website Homepage, it becomes obvious why it’s not to be neglected.
Taking care to implement a clear and consistent message to your readers will begin to attract converting traffic and move your business to the next level.