Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #13
Before we get into the show we want to let you know how very excited we are to share this first episode of season two with you today. You have probably noticed a few changes on the website – we aren’t done yet, so if you are having trouble finding a few things, it may be that we simply have not had a chance to move it from the old format to the new way of presenting things. So, expect to continue to see changes on the website as we implement new thing moving forward and reconfigure some of our older content.
Perhaps the most exciting news is that we will be recording season two live – meaning that we will be sending out invitations and be accepting registrations from our listeners who will then be able to attend and participate in the second season of 2D Web Solutions recordings.
We are planning to record at least two episodes during Christmas break and hope to have the remaining season two episodes recording schedule available for you all by January 4th.
You might have also noticed we have changed our posting routine. For season two, you can expect our podcasts to post on the first Wednesday of each month, with our infographics, transcripts, and image quotes posting on week 2, 3 and 4.
Today’s discussion is all about, the seemingly and all but elusive, social life of entrepreneurs. But as you are about to find out, entrepreneurs might actually be more social than originally perceived. We will be sharing our secrets and the secrets of how the most successful entrepreneurs remain socially active.
Intro and Outro by Benjamin Bradley.
- Why is a social life important for entrepreneurs? (Arelthia – 0:54 & 1:54) (Kerry – 1:15)
- What can you do to balance your “work” and your fun? (Kerry – 2:17) (Arelthia – 2:40)
- Does the virtual world count for social interaction? (Arelthia – 3:35 & 5:50 & 6:32) (Kerry – 4:38 & 6:17)
- What do you do for social interaction? (Arelthia – 7:07 & 8:09) (Kerry – 7:55 & 8:20)
- How do you ensure you have a social life as an entrepreneur? (Kerry – 10:07 & 11:19) (Arelthia – 10:23)
Other episodes that relate directly to this topis are:
- Hierarchy of Needs Episode
- Boundaries Episode
Examples of our Social Interaction:
- Local WordPress meetups
- Other local meetups
- social gatherings
- activities with family
- date night
Although going to the gym is an excellent opportunity for social interaction that is NOT related to work or an option that Kerry or Arelthia are currently practicing (though maybe they should be), doing so is likely to result in you doing your work better, stronger and faster – just like the bionic man?!
- Devotions time
- road trips
- business trips
- After parties
- Working away from home on occasion
The most common element of ensuring you’ll have a social life is to actually plan for one.
Our next episode is going to be all about business practices and roles. So, if this is something you want to learn more about or even ask some questions about, please feel free to join us. We’d love to have you in the audience. As always, you can submit any questions you’d like us to address here on our website.
Now it’s your turn to help someone – we want to hear what you think because we know what you say, really does matter!
- Do you have a social life?
- What do you do for social interaction?
- After listening to this episode what changes do you want to make to your social life or lack of a social life?
- What social event do you think you are most likely to add to your calendar this week?
Now, go on out and… Create Your Plan, Take Action and Experience Your Success!