Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #24
We have spent a lot of time – the last 5 episodes – looking into different WP Niches. We have explored products and services related to Building Websites, Hosting Websites, Plugins, Themes, and Marketing.
Today, during the final episode of this series, we’ll be exploring the Education and Training WordPress Niche.
Intro and Outro by Benjamin Bradley.
- What is the WordPress education and training niche? (Arelthia – 1:00) (Kerry – 1:36)
- How do you offer education and training as a product or service? (Arelthia – 2:24, 4:34, 5:07, 9:34, 10:53, 14:10) (Kerry – 3:30, 4:55, 7:36, 9:50, 12:06, 14:36)
- What are some of the tools and resources you use to create the educational and training materials you will provide your clients? (Arelthia – 15:07, 16:23, 19:25, 25:26, 27:41) (Kerry – 16:07, 16:52, 22:20, 27:10)
- Are there any details to offering education and training as a WP niche that are easy to overlook? (Kerry – 28:35, 29:25, 30:08, 30:40) (Arelthia – 29:01, 29:42, 30:25)
- What are next steps for moving into the WordPress education and training niche? (Kerry – 31:00, 31:55) (Arelthia – 31:21)
The WordPress niche of education and training provides resources to help people learn about the possibilities of WordPress, how to use WordPress, and use other products and services related to, or integrated with, WordPress.
Education and Training Categories
- free education and training
- education and training embedded in other products or services
- paid education and training products and services
Free education and training answer customer questions. It provides clients with required knowledge, the things they need to know because they are your client.
Education and training embedded in other products or services typically teach others how to use what we have created for them.
Paid education and training products and services educate people on using a product or solving a problem.
Types of Education and Training Products and Services
Education and training materials can be for WordPress specifically or be related to, or integrated with WordPress.
- Tutorials, Video, Webinars
- Online Courses, Email Courses
- Ebooks, PDF’s and Reports
Education and Training Tools
Tutorials, Video, Webinars
- Content Samurai
Online Courses, Email Courses
Ebooks, PDF’s and Reports
Meetups can be a simple as an in-person meeting at a local Coffee shop to a full-blown event requiring ticketing, travel, lodging, and food.
Don’t forget to consider trademark and copyright, marketing, keeping your education and training products and services up to date, and providing any needed support.
The 2D Straight A Strategies we used in Pinpointing the Perfect Problem are a great place to start if you are interested in the education and training WordPress niche. In particular, looking at existing alternatives and identifying any gaps in education and training products and services that are currently available.
Find out what type of education or training your clients need or want. This goes back to asking your clients where they are struggling and what tools that they are currently using are working and which ones are not.
Once you find a gap, you can also use the 2D D Classification to determine if you will develop, delegate or dismiss offering Education & Training based on the skills you have or are willing to learn.
Questions for Our Readers
- What is the most appealing aspect about WordPress Education and Training as a WordPress niche?
- What questions do you have about offering WordPress Education and Training as a service?
- If you are already working in the WordPress Education and Training niche, what additional advice can you offer?