Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #10!
In our last episode, we gave you the how to’s around getting started with podcasting. Everything from what to use to record, to where to post and what you need to do to publish a podcast. In today’s show, we get to talk about shiny objects and how it is our human nature to be attracted to and always want the latest and greatest of new things. Yet, we must ask ourselves if having the newest gadget is really in the best interest of our business.
- What is a shiny object and what are their types? (Kerry – 1:05 & 1:55) (Arelthia – 1:23)
- What are some of the pitfalls to be aware of with shiny objects? (Arelthia – 2:21) (Kerry – 2:58)
- Evaluate a shiny object from a financial standpoint – take me through your thought process. (Kerry – 3:54) (Arelthia – 5:17)
- In relationship to doing things intentionally within your business, do you ever find shiny objects presenting as a distraction? (Kerry – 6:23) (Arelthia – 7:25)
- If the goal is to only purchase items that present immediate value to you, your business and potentially your clients – how do get this point? (Arelthia – 10:07 & 15:04) (Kerry – 12:00)
Tweet Today’s Tip from 2DDon’t allow shiny objects to distract you from your business objectives. @arelthia @kerrycarron Click To Tweet
How to Approach Shiny Objects – Episode #10 Show Notes & Resources
Now it’s your turn. We want to hear from you.
How do you deal with shiny objects?
Have you been burnt by shiny object syndrome? If so, how did you get through it and what did you learn?
What is your best tip to help others avoid shiny object syndrome?
Keep in mind, the best engagement always comes from our readers well thought out comments so here’s your chance to get involved. Please leave your reply below.
Reminder: 2D does not accept links to other articles, videos, podcasts, etc. in comments.
Thank you for visiting 2D for this, and every, episode of our aspects of design and development discussions. We look forward to reading your comments and learning more from you.