Welcome to 2D Web Solutions Episode #11. In our last episode, we got to talk about how to approach shiny objects. We learned that although it may be human nature to be attracted to the latest and greatest of new things, we must use caution and not allow them to distract us from our business objectives.
Business needs cover a vast number of areas. Today we come full circle and will be discussing the core elements of our businesses. Thankfully, we have Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory to use to help us through defining what our core business needs are.
This week we only have 2 questions, but we will also address and discuss each of the elements within Maslow’s hierarchy of needs theory (Physiological, Safety, Love and Belonging, Esteem and Self-Actualization) and how they relate to the aspects of our design and development businesses.
- What are your “must haves” as designer/developer?
- Physiological (Arelthia – 2:46) (Kerry – 4:12)
- Safety (Arelthia – 6:35 & 9:03) (Kerry – 7:19)
- Love and Belonging (Kerry – 10:12) (Arelthia – 13:40 & 14:57 )
- Esteem (Arelthia – 16:00) (Kerry – 17:27)
- Self-Actualization (Kerry – 19:57) (Arelthia – 20:57)
Tweet Today’s Tip from 2DBuild upon what is stable to get to the top. @arelthia @kerrycarron #2D Click To Tweet
2D Web Solutions Episode #11 Show Notes & Resources
*Affiliate links are used in the resource area. It is safe to use affiliate links and does NOT increase your cost. Using an affiliate link and making a purchase of any recommended product or service results in us potentially receiving compensation.
Arelthia’s Business Needs
- Hot Shower
- Reading Bible
- Coffee or Green Tea
- Coffee Candy
- Health Insurance
- Additional sources of income
- Home Security
- Version Control (Git)
- Comfortable Bed
- Business Security
- Hosting Firewall
Love and Belonging
- Associated with positive thinkers
- Local or Online like minded people
- Family and External Support
- Local Area
- Freedom to Create
- Getting Paid
- Referrals from Peers (extra rewarding)
- Referrals for clients
- Increase of user base
- Others mentioning you on other popular blogs (recognition)
- Meeting the challenges that were outside of my comfort zone
- High profile clients that are hiring you because you are able to provide what they need.
- Taking on more and more that is outside of what you normally would.
Kerry’s Business Needs
- Daily Devotions from Joel and Victoria
- Finger food
- Temperature Control
- Home Safety
- Separate personal and Business Accounts
- Maintaining and Balancing them
- Comfortable Office Furniture
Love & Belonging
- Connection to others
- Networking from basic friendship to Team Building
- Realization that you ARE making a difference
- Completing projects
- Visual proof of growth (growing your portfolio)
- Meeting that people that “know” you
- Getting together after only having an online relationship
- Recognizing you have the skills
- Having the faith that you can deal with whatever comes along and you’ll be OK.
- Watching and seeing results of your business growth.
- Meeting Goals
- Becoming the person that you want to be.
Now it’s your turn. We want to know what you have to add because we know it is going to help us or someone else. Don’t be shy, just add them below as a reply.
Reminder: 2D does not accept links to other articles, videos, podcasts, etc. in comments.
Thank you for visiting 2D for this, and every, episode of our aspects of design and development discussions. It is because of you that we are able to and continue our show for another season. We are really looking forward to seeing you again next time when we wrap up this season and share some of the exciting changes for our upcoming season.